Saturday, September 12, 2009

Taiping Waterfall

This past Saturday, we looked for the Waterfall/Waterhole near Taiping. Two weeks ago, Erin and I tried to find it...but couldn't because of a mudslide from the typhoon. It was a long scooter ride. Erin, Wendy, Sunny, Lisa, Arywn and I met up with Fenny and some of her friends in Taichung. None of us had actually made it to the waterfall before...so this was all new for us.
With just the general direction in mind, we finally made it to the waterfall! I have discovered it's pretty hard to get lost in Taiwan. I think if you know your bigger roads and know what direction you're heading, you'll probably get there. Well, probably about 70% of the time. But those are good odds for me. ^_^

When we got there, the sky was filled with dragon flies everywhere. I tried to capture it on film, but it doesn't do it justice. We were the only people at the waterhole, but when we first got to the river, we saw a monk standing at the edge of waterfall in the middle of the river on a rock, meditating.

I never tire of seeing monks around town and in nature.

In the picture below, Sunny, Lisa, Erin and I thought it was a good idea if we slid down the rocks together. Instead, we landed on top of each other. My ankle got bruised by kicking Lisa in the thigh...

Although the waterhole didn't look that deep, it was. We jumped from that point, and still didn't feel the bottom. The first jump I landed on my bum...lol. It HURT! But the second time didn't hurt, but for some reason, it was scarier than the first time.
All in all, a very good Saturday.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Awesome once in a lifetime experience ... good friends, good times, fond memories.

Brad and Hailey said...

Pretty cool! I'm glad you guys found it :) There was a ton of dragon flies! Crazy :)

Dave Sage said...

awesome. could you email me the directions?